DACMC2000

Line 6 Spider V Amp Won't Turn on

Hi! I have a Spider V 120 watt amp that I have been using for the last one and a half to two years. Not under warranty anymore so I need help fixing this myself

Here's what happened:

-I turned on the amplifier and attempted to turn up the volume. It made an extremely loud distortion noise so I turned down the volume and shut the amp off.

-I turned the amp back on, only to find out that my volume not does not work, and the amp will not produce sound from my guitar now.

-I attempt a factory reset, but I press play instead of the correct button and drums start playing. I turn the amp off.

And now the amp won't turn back on. When I attempt to turn it on, it displays the LED screen flashing with no words and does nothing.

Thanks in advance!

I recommend trying to reinstall the firmware using a smart device or computer connected to the amp via USB. More info on updating can be found in the link below. If you experience a failed update or your amp locks up during boot up, you can hold down the Amp and FX buttons to enter Update Mode. Once it's in Update Mode, attempt the update procedure again. 

I’ve been using my spider 120 for 9 months fine but suddenly it’s not making any sound from my guitar.ive tried a factory reset

and using brand new guitar leads it is still under warranty but I wanted to try and see if I could do it myself first

On 2/7/2019 at 10:10 AM, robwood68 said:

I’ve been using my spider 120 for 9 months fine but suddenly it’s not making any sound from my guitar.ive tried a factory reset

and using brand new guitar leads it is still under warranty but I wanted to try and see if I could do it myself first

I recommend trying to reinstall the firmware using a smart device or computer connected to the amp via USB. More info on updating can be found in the link below. If you experience a failed update or your amp locks up during boot up, you can hold down the Amp and FX buttons to enter Update Mode. Once it's in Update Mode, attempt the update procedure again. If that fails, please contact support!