Sign in to follow this  
clay-man

Tremolo Setscrew Size? Need Replacement

Anyone know the setscrew measurements? Mine fell out and I can't find it. Looked as hard as I can, nothing.

I hate my tremolo moving around really freely. Just tight enough to stay in place but just loose enough to swing it easily.

Hi

I'm 95% sure its M3

My advice would be to do what I did. Go to a place that specializes in screws nut bolts etc. Take your guitar with you and try an M3 or maybe a 2.5.

Buy a few and keep them as spares.

Having said that, I super glued one into the slot, got exactly the right tension on the trem and then left it to dry. Never had a problem with it since. The trem goes in firmly with no excess play.

I hope that's helpful

Mark

• Upvote 2

Hi

I'm 95% sure its M3

My advice would be to do what I did. Go to a place that specializes in screws nut bolts etc. Take your guitar with you and try an M3 or maybe a 2.5.

Buy a few and keep them as spares.

Having said that, I super glued one into the slot, got exactly the right tension on the trem and then left it to dry. Never had a problem with it since. The trem goes in firmly with no excess play.

I hope that's helpful

Mark

Thank you! I thought no one was going to answer this topic. I'll see if it'll work.