Jump to content
TLF2007

Boss Tera Echo

Recommended Posts

I'm looking to replicate this effect from Boss. There's an interesting analogish decay in the modulation occuring as well as a bit of saturation that I can't seem to replicate on the Helix. Wondering if anyone has tried to replicate this wonderful effect successfully. the Cosmos eche is kinda in the realm but not really the same thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 3:50 AM, TLF2007 said:

I'm looking to replicate this effect from Boss. There's an interesting analogish decay in the modulation occuring as well as a bit of saturation that I can't seem to replicate on the Helix. Wondering if anyone has tried to replicate this wonderful effect successfully. the Cosmos eche is kinda in the realm but not really the same thing.


Did you find a way to replicate the Boss Tera Echo effect? I love that effect and was considering upgrading from a Boss GT-100 to a Helix but maybe I shouldn't since Helix doesn't have Tera Echo.  If the Helix tone is much better than the GT-100 I should probably get one anyway. I'd love to hear any opinions on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 12:35 PM, DugT said:


Did you find a way to replicate the Boss Tera Echo effect? I love that effect and was considering upgrading from a Boss GT-100 to a Helix but maybe I shouldn't since Helix doesn't have Tera Echo.  If the Helix tone is much better than the GT-100 I should probably get one anyway. I'd love to hear any opinions on this.

I found a way to come close. There is a sweep echo in Helix that works really well. I had a GT-100. I liked it but it didn't compare to the Helix. The biggest thing about the Tera was how your pick attack could drive the effect. I have come really close with a dynamic split ( basically a gate to the effect), the sweep echo and the chamber echo. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 11:02 AM, TLF2007 said:

I found a way to come close. There is a sweep echo in Helix that works really well. I had a GT-100. I liked it but it didn't compare to the Helix. The biggest thing about the Tera was how your pick attack could drive the effect. I have come really close with a dynamic split ( basically a gate to the effect), the sweep echo and the chamber echo. 

 


Thanks for the update. My new Helix sounds so much better than my GT-100, I no longer care that it doesn't have Tera Echo. In spite of that, I tried the dynamic split method that you described but I am probably too new at this to make it work right. Now I use regular Phaser and chorus in presets with distortion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dynamic split is touchy. Yeah, there's plenty of stuff in there to keep you entertained or to find an acceptable substitute. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 8:02 PM, TLF2007 said:

I found a way to come close. There is a sweep echo in Helix that works really well. I had a GT-100. I liked it but it didn't compare to the Helix. The biggest thing about the Tera was how your pick attack could drive the effect. I have come really close with a dynamic split ( basically a gate to the effect), the sweep echo and the chamber echo. 

 

Would it be possible to share the fruits of your labour? An effect that comes close to the Tera sounds very interesting - alas, my own attempts have not been too successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...