Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need Help to configure Helix Native

FenderEC

Hello everybody, apparently I am too confused to understand how to use the software Helix Native. It is said that the sound is the same as the Helix Floorboard.

I'm playing a Music Man Luke II owning an apollo|twin and a Mac mini and using Logic Pro X. I've read before that the Hi-Z input isn't supposed to be that great. 

Now to my problem, first I hear the sound of the guitar without any effect in the background, so it seems that it only works via reamp. But much worse than that is that I can't get a decent sound. With my apollo|twin I also have the possibility to play a virtual amp like Fender 55 Tweet, Marshall Alexi and Super Lead as well as Friedman Amps. The sound here is much better. Also in Logic if I have the naked guitar not in the background but in Helix Native it is like that. 

Can someone help me and maybe explain to me what I'm doing wrong? I am quite aware that the sound on Youtube videos is not so easy to expect at home. But it must be possible to get a reasonable sound that is usable. Even Guitar Rig sounds much better than Helix Native. And if I really buy the software then $399 for an unusable sound is gone.

Please help me get it done.

Thanks

My first thought is that the Apollo Twin's Console application has a fader up that's mixing straight guitar sound in with the Helix. Remember too that Helix Native has two paths that can connect to your host software. It's possible that one of them is "listening" to the wrong input from the app, which wouldn't happen with the other amp sims, or Guitar Rig, because they have a single audio path. Bring down all the faders in the app, and see what happens.

FYI there's nothing wrong with the Apollo Twin's hi-Z input, that's the interface I use for my "Studio B" so I'm very familiar with it. Hope this helps!