Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 DT25 Wah distorting when pre on

Hello

I find myself here after a passing conversation in a ukulele shop about alternate tunings on a Variax 500... first I bought an HD500 to access Workbench... then a DT25 to connect to the Hd500 and, all of a sudden, I find myself with a Dream Rig (if the ancient Variax counts). I have to say I'm delighted after years of playing through headphones and studio monitors, I think the DT25 is my number one favourite object.

Anyway, I'm having a small problem with the Wah from the HD500. When I have the pre Amp turned on in the HD500 the wah makes a very strange digital grumbling noise. When I turn the pre off then the wah sounds as it should. Can anyone offer me some advice on this please? I've followed the Line 6 Link instructions to make my patch, my chain is Wah>None>None>Distortion>Pre amp>Mod>Delay.

I'm a long time Line 6 user, very pleased to have found this particular corner of the Forums, any wisdom much appreciated.

Solved this. I don't know what the problem was, but I remade the patches in Line 6 Edit from scratch with everything connected. The new patches work perfectly and the Wah sounds as it should.

On the way I discovered the V2 firmware options and DTeditOSX, lost a few hours there marvelling at all the possibilities = strange to me that Line 6 never updated the DT25 Pilot's guide to include all the extra amp models and control options.

Then I discovered the 2019 Helix 2.8 firmware update that improves Helix compatibility with the DT amps.... oh dear, is this ever going to end??