Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD 500x effects while looping

troberts8308

When using the looper, say I lay down a chord loop using a few effects in a preset. Then I want to practice soloing over that loop with different effects, is this possible? It seems when I turn on/off effects it changes the recorded loop AND what I want to overdub, when I just want it to change for the overdub

If both the loop and the live tones change the same way when you change FX or preset it means that the Looper is currently placed before (at the start of) the virtual chain, thus recording and playing back the dry unprocessed signal which is then processed in real time every time is played back again and again.

Solution:
while the device is in Looper mode (ie Looper FS led is on) press the FS3 (PRE/POST) to move the Looper block after (at the end of) the virtual chain, doing so the Looper will record and play back the final already processed signal, which obviously will not be processed again thus it will not change tone if you then change preset or FX for your live sound.

This Looper setting is global (ie not per preset) and can only be done directly on the device, not through the Editor.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips