Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 IR's Buyer Beware! Spoke to Support!!

Randino

WOW! Just had a Chat with Line6 Support cause I purchased some Own/Hammer IR's specifically to load in my power cab plus; They load fine into the helix floor but after pulling my hair out for hours they wont load into P/C! P/C looking for wavs and theses are HIR's doesn't recognize them in the folder/Blank/Notta from P/C editor. Any Who! Here's the interesting thing he said that power cab was not listed as one of the Line 6 product description selling on the L6 Market place, the cab only sees  higher resolution files 48kh.

So I started to look for IR's that state they work with P/C I couldn't find one! Silly me too assume that they would work with P/C as well as my Helix.He suggest I contact Own Hammer support to find out why so I guess that's next! The whole Idea of me Purchasing the P/C was to load my IR's in the Cab so as to not over tax the DSP in the Helix! Go figure LIne6 Market doesn't sell any That I can see! 

Has anyone got IR,s Purchased from L6 Market place to load into the P/C PLus?? The Power Cab Edit is looking for wav files??

It's a big shame and a No Go regarding the L6 Market place way of communicating. I bought Celestion IR Package to use with my 2 PCplus. Figured out that it was HIR files with activation only working with Helix Edit import. 30 bucks down the drain.

Today I bought the same pack from Celestion Digital for 35 bucks but with the option of grabbing different ms and khz. Downloaded in 200ms and 48khz.

Imported with Powercab Edit and works like a charm and as I intended when I first bought it from L6 Marketplace.

I will never buy anything from their marketplace again if its not forced due to "no other place has it". Why should I? When I could have just bought it straight from the more transparent supplier.

It's not about the money, its about my waste of time and headache.
CLARITY IS POWER. Just put out a fat line saying (THESE DO NOT WORK WITH OUR OWN PRODUCT LINE POWERCAB) Easy!

Helix-PowerCabPlus.png

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/4/2020 at 5:05 AM, petrkyt said:

Live Ready Sound has very good IRs. Here is a demo I did, which I also posted as its thread:

• Thanks 1