Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD300 booting problem (After firmware update failure)

hsi0409

Hi

I tried to update flash memory using Line 6 Monkey

and an error popped up. 

So I disconnected the USB cable and power of HD300.

and when I turned on the HD300, the screen remains blank.

How can I fix this?  I tried to do Factory Reset by pushing A button while put the power on. Nothing happens.

Now when I connect the usb cable between the unit and computer, The Line 6 Monkey detects the HD300 but

I cannot perform Flash Memory update. 

15956519898136006384590817048916.jpg

제목 없음.jpg

AFAIK unfortunately the POD HD300/400 don't have a safe mode (eg like the HD500) which can be specifically used to flash the firmware when the device is basically bricked, but only the Factory Reset mode (hold A while powering on) and Test mode (hold Tap while powering on).

However you might want to try some of the proposed solutions I've read on a post on facebook written in thai language: How to Fix for Update Firmware Failure for POD HD300/400 By PHOLROCK

I guess you'll need to use google translate, unless you are thai.

I can't help more given that I use an HD500.

Good luck.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

10 hours ago, hsi0409 said:

I called a distributor(in Korea), he said it might be mainboard problem, if it is, it will cost so much (like 200 dollars) .

I gave up..  cannot use this HD300 anymore..

I doubt very much that a firmware flashing procedure could physically damage a mainboard in any way.
Unfortunately I don't know of any other ways to properly install the firmware on that device, but for me the problem is just that, and a Line6 technician would know how.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 2 years later...

I was able to install a firmware on the tas1020b component and it recognizes it as an audio device. Having the correct firmware I think you can fix it because the one available for download is too big and doesn't fit on the component. PS: I bought it already with a firmware problem I thought it was just an update but I lost money and I'm just curious so I might be completely mistaken