Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Remote 2.0 App

clfnole123

My 10-year old PC that I had my the Spider Remote program on died and I replaced it with a new laptop.  I downloaded the Spider Remote 2.0, Drivers and Installer but the Spider Remote app will not open.  When I double-click it, it shows up briefly on my task bar then vanishes.  Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue. The splash screen comes up and the app does not load. I have re-installed several times, turned off any anti-virus program, opened the app as Administrator, but no difference.  I am having this issue on a Windows 10 Pro laptop. The line 6 driver update software loads fine and updates the amp just fine. The remote app is the only one that is having an issue. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue on Windows 10 but found a fix:

Google, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 redistributable file.

Somehow the Line6 Spider Remote installer just provides the 2017 version, despite it also requiring the 2013 version. On older computers there is a chance that you already had these files installed by other applications. 

Thanks. I would have assumed that the later versions of MSC are backwards compatible and would fulfill the software requirements. 

Line 6 customer support has not been available to respond to emails and calls are taken offline. This has me concerned about the chances of any software upgrades, but more importantly, the financial fate of this company.