Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Latched footswitch for HX stomp

Masten

Hi

I need a big external footswitch for my stomp for live use as a boost (bit of amp gain). I'd really like one with a light to indicate is on or not so would have to be a latched switch. Apparently according to this

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line-6-hx-stomp-add-on-footswitches.2049510/

A latched one will work fine. You just have to set the settings as 'unlatched'

So is there any reason why this won't work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bespeco-VM22-Latching-Control-Pedal/dp/B00IF0JIFA/

Basically a cheap copy of the Boss FS-5L

I know stomp won't know the status of the light on the footswitch but surely if I set it as same state when I start a session (usually off) it'll stay in sync with the stomp as I turn the boost on and off

• 3 years later...

@Masten - I know the post is old but I was just googling around thinking I might do the same thing with a Boss FS-5L.  I like the idea of the LED indicator on a one-button footswitch even knowing it is not "receiving" the on/off indication from the HX Stomp.  It seems like it should still work as an independent/disconnected LED for a simple 3 dB boost (just toggling the LED on when pressed and off when pressed again).

Did you get it to work?  I assume you have to set the Stomp's Footswitch in Global Settings to Momentary, because the Stomp is "seeing" the button as pressed in (as the actual button on the Bespeco pedal you linked and the Boss FS-5L are latching).  

I'm thinking I'd like to use this along with a cable that's TRS to dual TS cable (an Insert cable), so I can plug in an Expression pedal to one TS (e.g. Tip) and then use the Boss FS-5L as the boost pedal with LED indicator on the other TS (e.g. Ring).

Any insights you can provide if you tried it out would be great!