Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SHOUTOUT to the LINE 6 Sales Support / Ticketing Team

MaxTravelor

Happy New Year - Line 6 Loungers,

Just wanted to extend a hats off to the team handling post sales support.  As a long time 500X user/advocate and Variax 89F owner I graduated up to the Helix Floor on Black Friday 2020 (not much of a day thanks to Covid).  I was hoping that I'd score a backpack in the process. But come that Friday morning there were no Line 6 Promo's with the Helix backpack. I checked all the top sellers and nope, none offered the backpack. So around 10am, I pushed the button and within a few hours I had my Helix via Curbside services no hassle and no mess. Besides not getting the backpack I was a %90 satisfied customer and eager to make up the rest by getting to work with my new gear.  I am a sucker for choosing outside the norms, and I got the "Gold" Limited Edition Helix Floor.  That way, your Helix will never get confused with mine. Laugh. 

It turns out, a few days later, that there was a Line 6 Promo, for the backpack. It was either Later Friday or Early Saturday when I noticed the Promo.  I jumped on the chat support for GC and there person I dealt with attempted to honor the promo and to have the backpack sent out to me. It was late in the day, he said that I should check back in on Monday and they would be able to do the transaction. I then got onto GC chat during business hours non-holiday.  They said that GC does not fulfill the Promo items for Line 6 and that I should reach out to Line 6.  

I created a Support Ticket with Line 6 Support and over the next few weeks, I went through 2 more rounds of conversations with GC to honor the Promo.  I presented GC with all the sales information that Line 6 provided me. GC refused to honor the PROMO because I had purchased the "GOLD" Guitar Center ONLY Limited Edition.  Stating that the backpack only applied to the black "standard" version.  Line 6 support had already confirmed that the PROMO was not tied to a "SKU". Buy a Helix, regardless of color, you get a backpack.  When asked about how that item would be inventoried, they admitted that GC would end up with a free backpack.  Those who are in business accounting and inventory, can see there's an issue here.  Especially if GC sends an invoice to Line 6 for the PROMO fulfillment, GC gets money they don't deserve and product in their inventory.  Seriously who should win that battle?  Line 6, Guitar Center, or the customer who just spent cash money?  What part of "the customer is always right" did GC not understand? Especially since it did not mean any money loss to GC or Line 6.  

Line 6 Stepped up to the plate, and took responsibility to fulfill the PROMO despite the fact that GC had plenty of backpacks that Line 6 had "pre-shipped" to GC just for the PROMO - GC had PROMO inventory and they refused to honor the PROMO.  I was attempting to support the local business, so I did not purchase from the big online Sweetwater Facilities.  Maybe there's a reason GC just keeps getting smaller and smaller.  It is unfortunate, because at 15 years old I walked into one of the oldest GC stores, Fountain Valley GC, and my life changed forever. That was nearly 40 years ago. I have always been a supporter of the local GC stores.

I will be using that backpack - as soon as gigs start back up!!  

Line 6 Support -  You Did a Great Job!!  

Thanks and Happy New Year.