Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp not detected

hazieqmadeofwax

13 hours ago, hazieqmadeofwax said:

Hey guys,

I was updating my HX Stomp when one of my family members accidentally switched it off. Now it stays on the loading screen and I can't seem to use it. When I am on HX Edit, it does not detect my Stomp. Any advices? Been trying to work around this for about a day. 

Thanks

Hi,

I keep on telling myself to stop doing this, it gets tedious posting this info over and over, but here we go - one more time. You don’t mention what your computer and OS are, but I will guess Windows, plus the routine should be the same for a Mac.

Firstly go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select HX Stomp then go to  the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" menu item and select HX EDIT, now select your Windows system or Mac OSX from under the "-ALL OS-" tab, then click “GO”. From the next page you can select HX Edit 3.0 for your HX Stomp. then below that you will also need the Firmware 3.01 Flash Memory. Now scroll right the way down the page where you will find Line 6 Updater version 1.9. 

Download all these items to your computer and note where they are. 

Then:

1. Remove all the previously installed Line 6 software from your computer especially the Windows drivers and then restart your computer.
  2. Make sure to turn off the power to your HX Stomp.
  3. Unplug the USB cable from the computer and HX Stomp.

Ensure that HX Edit is definitely closed and that you have your HX Stomp reconnected to your PC/Mac by USB cable (do not use a hub, some front USB ports on PCs act like a hub) and hold down “Page >” while turning the power on. (You may see a blank screen, but keep going).

Now, launch the Line 6 Updater Utility and select "Offline Mode". Your HX Stomp and current firmware version should now show up in the window, click on the dark green coloured band and you should now have the option to select a  local file - point it at, and select the Flash Memory file you downloaded and let it get on with the update.

When it completes you can install the new HX Edit v.3.0 software and you should be good to go.

No guarantees are given or implied, you do this at your own risk. If it doesn’t work, raise a ticket with Customer Support.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 10 months later...

Had this same annoying problem. It's inconvenient enough that I can't route the HX Stomp's USB connection through a powered USB hub with all my other devices. But when I connected it directly to my Lenovo W530 laptop using a 5 foot USB Type-B cable, I get a device "not detected" message. Or, if I do eventually get a connection, I'll lose it.

My Windows 10 Lenovo W530 laptop has three USB ports: two USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0. I usually only use the USB 2.0 port for a mouse or keyboard. But when I connect my 5 foot cable to the HX Stomp using this USB 2.0 port, it happily connects and remains connected.

I also tried a different (and shorter) USB Type-B cable. That one does reliably connect--and remain connected--to a USB 3.0 port.

The last thing I discovered. Printed on the 5 foot cable that fails with USB 3.0 but succeeds with USB 2.0: It says: "USB 2.0"!

USB 2.0 cable.jpg