Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V 120 and connecting custom made 2x12 cab

Mrsteef

So I’ve wanted to make or buy a 2x12 cabinet for years and finally got around to making the decision of making a 2x12 cab. So now that I have it mostly finished I’m trying to think if there is a possible way of connecting my spider V 120 to the cab. Obviously there aren’t any 1/4 speaker outputs on the back of this model. Is there any other possible way? Open to any suggestions. If I have to I’ll probably wind up biting the bullet and buy a head.

17C3617B-FA84-46A5-BFF9-0416442FF6F4.jpeg

Maybe some smarter people have better ideas than me, but .... I don't see any solution other than entering the amp, disconnecting the existing the speaker, and creating yourself an external out to go to your cabinet.  Because of that, I say, "Yes, get the new head and just call it day".  If you do get the head, you can wire your new cabinet for either stereo (individual 8 Ohm connections; one connection to each speaker) or mono (single 4 Ohm connection).  I have the head, and have it connected to a single 2x12 cab w/ EVM 12Ls, and I connect the head to cabinet with dual stereo connections.  

Finished up the cab last night and found a way but not 100% about it being safe. The speakers are wired in parallel so I plugged it into the headphone jack and it works. Still going to get a head either way though, only tried it to test.