Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Some love for Jeff Schroeder's patches on 3.01

molul

I'm moving to FRFR and amp emulation, and I was using Brit 2204 amp looking for some Smashing Pumpkins sound (not the typical Siamese Dream tone, more something like Mellon Collie or Zeitgeist).

I read that Flood decided to go for amp distortion on Mellon Collie because, although he liked Butch Vig's work on Siamese Dream, he thought the band sounded better live (where they wouldn't use Big Muffs but only amp distortion), so I went for the Brit 2204, but I wasn't fully satisfied.

Then I remembered Jeff Schroeder put a couple of presets on the latest update, so I gave them a try. I loved the RevGen Red sound! And also noticed he added a Jazz Rivet 120 for clean sounds.

Using both amps on my presets forced me to optimize many effects, by using for instance a single Simple delay block and changing some of parameters with snapshots (didn't know this could be done until now) instead of having 2, 3 or even 4 Simple delay blocks with different settings.

So I wanted to say thanks to Jeff. Not only I loved his amp choice (also discovered Line6 Elektrik for adding a bit of variety when recording two guitars) but it helped me learn more stuff about this great toy that is Helix LT.