Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Yamaha Fc7 Control Pedal

joeycronin

Fellow Helix junkies,

I just got my Yamaha Fc7 pedal to work with the Helix :)

I replace the 50k with the 10k. Easy to do but the hard part was finding the 10k that was the same as the 50k Yamaha used.

The fc7 from Yamaha is one of the best controller/volume pedals ever made. Simple, smooth, tank, smart, links together, position adjustable. I think you can see I like them lol. And cheep on E/Bay.

Here is the part number if anyone else want to give it a try.

* www.futurlec.com

* part # pot10kbshaftd  10k Linear taper pot with d-type shaft. $.70. & $4.00 shipping. I grabbed 4 of them. a wapping $6.80.

So for $0.70 cents and a used $20 pedal you can create a awesome controller for your helix. Also the size and shape is a perfect match for the helix.

One note you will want to revers the polarity so toe is 100% and heal is 0%. Meaning if you install the new pot using the same wiring as the old one it will work backwards. Not a biggie you can correct the in the helix assignment. But it is better to just revers the polarity when you put in the new pot.

Thinking of adding a toe switch to it. I think it will be a very simple mode because the fc7 has a toe spring adjustment. It was done to allow the pedal to go to eleven. Kind of like an after/touch for the DX7/fd keyboard that I still have.  Doesn't effect the 0 to 100. But will allow for the extra movement to toggle a standard button switch. Time will tell.

All the best, stay safe,

Because of all the extra practice we have been doing because of covid. Just think how awesome we all will be at our next gigs.

Joey

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...