Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using G10T Relay w/ Spider V: leave amp on to charge even when not needed??

01GT

Okay, so I got the G10T wireless transmitter to go with my Spider V 240HC head.  It works great.  But it does not charge unless the amp is turned on.  So I am thinking to just turn the amp on and then charge it up a few hours before use (instead of leaving on continuously)?  Is that what other people do?  Or do others leave their amp on 24/7?  What does Line 6 recommend?

I have also just recently acquired a Spider V 240HC and since it’s wireless ready, bought the G10T to pair with it. I don’t leave my amp on 24/7 but what I do is to charge the G10T every time I am done playing and only turn it off once I see the charging status shows full bar. And in that time, I will be either watching YouTube or Netflix or learning a new song on my acoustic guitar. By the way, I will remove the G10T from my 240HC once it hits full charge. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi, is this still an issue? I ask this because now the G10 transmitter led blinks on and off, even when the amp (spider v) is off but plugged in the wall socket. I think it is charging this way. But I am not totally sure I must say, I just acquired the G10 for some days.

• 4 weeks later...

There is no issue, just how people are using it.  It is only charging when amp is on.  For me, I perform a short charge before use and then after, preferably to "solid green" but okay if only to "blinking green".  I have never had my transmitter die on me while playing, and I will often play for hours.  It is a pretty cool thing.