Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD Edit without POD as interface

mich5150

Hi here,

First of all, glad to see that this forum is still alive and that I'm not the only one still using the HD500X. However, I recently bought myself a good low latency interface to discover the world of plugins since I hardly ever play live anymore. And guess what, I still think for medium gain tones the HD500X is unbeatable. So I now have the POD connected to the interface through XLR. So far so good, i can use the POD as well as plugins. 

But.. I would love to be able to still use HD Edit. And somehow it seems impossible to only use HD Edit without using the POD as an interface. As soon as I plug in the USB cable the POD drivers take over. Any suggestions?

17 hours ago, mich5150 said:

As soon as I plug in the USB cable the POD drivers take over. Any suggestions?

When the POD driver is installed the POD is automatically set as the main audio interface, therefore as soon as you plug the POD to the USB it takes place of any AI that was working just before.

Solution: as soon as you plug the POD to the USB open the windows audio control panel and select the AI that you want to be the main one.

Done that the system should remember your choice forever, or at least until a new audio driver is intalled again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips