Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500X On Boot Loop and Cannot Connect to PC

ahardcm

I just bought the unit on eBay and have tried using the boot menus on the unit but the pedal will not connect to PC.  I have downloaded the drivers and Windows sees something but it says it needs a driver installed.  Monkey and Edit do not see anything either.  I know I need to update the flash but how can I do it without being able to connect?  Has anybody else had this issue?

Make sure you connect the POD to a USB 2.0 only port, avoid connecting it to USB 3.0 (the ones with the blue inner tab)..

There is a post in my forum website where a guy had a similar issue with his POD not being recognized by Win 10 OS, at the end he solved the issue by plugging the POD to a USB 2.0 only port.

HD500X not visible to Monkey/Edit on Windows 10

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

On 6/29/2021 at 2:42 AM, ahardcm said:

Windows sees something

If as you said windows sees something when you connect the POD to the USB it's a good sign (there is hope)..

perhaps the driver has not been installed or has not installed completely..

try to uninstall it and install it again..

or try temporarily with another computer, perhaps with an old operating system such as xp or seven which never give recognition problems with the POD

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I tried to install the driver manually but it keeps having problems when installing. Could it potentially be something blown on the inside of the unit? I did get a new power supply and that did not fix the issue. When I run diagnostic test everything passes but will not boot past the line 6 screen. I do not have access to an older pc unfortunately. 

44 minutes ago, ahardcm said:

Could it potentially be something blown on the inside of the unit?

one of the things that could most easily be broken is the POD usb port and maybe even the internal usb controller chip.

but IMO if the computer at least emits some sound (a beep or something) when you connect the POD to it it means that the POD usb port is probably still working well, but in your case the driver is not installed properly/fully..

if the usb port is really broken it is easy to see since often in these cases the internal plastic rectangle in the middle of the port is missing ..

last tip: disconnect everything from the POD when trying to reset/reflash it except the power cord and usb cable ..

if you can't solve in any way your issue open a support ticket to speak directly with the Line6 official support guys

Good luck!

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips