Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI Input will not change program/ patch. Bad 500X? Please Help

steveb2000

Please Help! I was using a WIDI Master Bluetooth adapter on my HD500X, but I got lazy and left it plugged in during transport... It physically broke on impact, and I could not get it to work. So I replaced it with a new WIDI Master. Now when I send a program change from my iPad using Set List Maker, I can see the WIDI Master LED receive the signal (blink), but the HD500X does not change the patch like it used to. I know the 500X is receiving the MIDI signal, because I have a Joyo Cab Box connected to the MIDI out port on the 500X, and the Joyo is changing it's patch fine. Could I have damaged the 500X when I powered it up with the broken WIDI Master connected? 

10 hours ago, steveb2000 said:

Could I have damaged the 500X when I powered it up with the broken WIDI Master connected? 

In my opinion: no

10 hours ago, steveb2000 said:

It physically broke on impact, and I could not get it to work. So I replaced it with a new WIDI Master

I suggest to follow the tips listed below here, in particular tip n.3 (given that you had already another WIDI Master, now broken but still registered in your system) :

copied and pasted from the WIDI Master support site:

troubleshooting_icon.png

Troubleshooting

6 Basics to Fix 80% of the Issues

1. Update your WIDI device to the latest firmware version(s) via WIDI app for Android/iOS.
  2. Do a factory reset after updating via the WIDI app and reboot your WIDI device by turning the power off and on again.
  3. When pairing with an operating system, clear your operating system's Bluetooth cache by removing existing WIDI devices from your general Bluetooth menu and toggling Bluetooth off and on.
  4. When the above does not work, perform a manual hard reset. Press and hold the button on your WIDI device when it is NOT turned on. Then plug it in to turn it on, after the green LED light blinks 3 times, release it. This will manually reset your device to factory settings.
  5. Follow the exact instructions as provided through the separate manuals for each WIDI device and WIDI App to perform the pairing process and set up WIDI Groups through the WIDI App
  6. In addition to the manuals, feel welcome to check out the how-to videos via the available playlists for each individual WIDI device.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips