Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone Do Modeling Software - > Stagesource?

I haven't plugged directly into the stagesource speakers we have because we use them as pa speakers that shoot out our final mix but I use an amp modeler (Guitar Rig) myself and our lead guitarist uses the HD POD. We plug directly into the mixer (M20D) from our modelers and then sent straight to the StageSource Speakers in the Main Mix without any change. The speakers (L3Ms) have different settings on the back but since we use them on "PA/Reference" the modeler sound passes through without any noticeable differences and as though you were listening to it through headphones or recorded on a DAW and played back.

Well I mean I definitely am on the digital side of the Analog vs. Digital "war". As far as software being used as a live amp I feel the positives far outweigh the "negatives". I did actually try out plugging my modeler straight into a StageSource speaker by itself and it sounded just like the setup I stated above (going through the StageScape did nothing to degrade/color/change my originally intended sound).

Amp modeling is an art in my opinion just as the art of setting up a "physical" analog amp/cab/mics/etc. is.
So for me (I use Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 Pro with the Rig Kontrol 3) I know for a fact that most of the "presets" that came with Guitar Rig sound terrible lol.
BUT... after much tweaking (messing with the art of setting up my digital amps/cab/mics/etc.) I have awesome sounds that are not "trying to emulate some old analog amp" per se, but are creating a whole new sound.

But in short, if you have awesome presets you've made yourself and plug into a StageScape L3M/L3T you will pretty much hear some of the most crisp and punchy emulation you've ever heard from a powered amp.

IMO of course  B)

Well I mean I definitely am on the digital side of the Analog vs. Digital "war". As far as software being used as a live amp I feel the positives far outweigh the "negatives". I did actually try out plugging my modeler straight into a StageSource speaker by itself and it sounded just like the setup I stated above (going through the StageScape did nothing to degrade/color/change my originally intended sound).

Amp modeling is an art in my opinion just as the art of setting up a "physical" analog amp/cab/mics/etc. is.

So for me (I use Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 Pro with the Rig Kontrol 3) I know for a fact that most of the "presets" that came with Guitar Rig sound terrible lol.

BUT... after much tweaking (messing with the art of setting up my digital amps/cab/mics/etc.) I have awesome sounds that are not "trying to emulate some old analog amp" per se, but are creating a whole new sound.

But in short, if you have awesome presets you've made yourself and plug into a StageScape L3M/L3T you will pretty much hear some of the most crisp and punchy emulation you've ever heard from a powered amp.

IMO of course  B)

I used to use Amplitude 3, then switched to Guitar Rig 5. I did make some nice presets. Guitar Rig 5 is really great and I like the professional approach it has that Amplitude 3 doesn't have. The only complaint I have is their Big Muff sounds awful, or rather really off. Other than that I've been happy playing through digital amps.

• Upvote 1