Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Catalyst "Stomp" style pedal?

Dimaension_X

I'm wondering if there would be any interest in an HX-Stomp sized Catalyst Pedal? A very low cost option for home recording artists to have just the six amps and the effect in the Catalyst amp, but in a pedal like the HX Stomp? A real basic thing to compete with something like the Strymon Iridium, but with the Catalyst amp models & FX (which from the demos I've heard sound great).

Just wondering if anyone else was thinking about this?

I was thinking about this as well.  I was also searching if I could leverage my FBV Shortboard MkII (via .fbv preset) to control/switch effects and access all 12 presets for live performance.  Maybe an FBV preset already exists for the Catalyst and I haven't found it yet.  So far, an iPad can be leveraged to call up one of the 12 presets via midi connection using an app that lets you call up patches via midi message but I would like to use my feet.

Thank you in advance!

Mr. Ed

I'm waiting for an Xsonic Airstep pedal to be delivered, when it does I will be trying it with the Cat 60W as a MIDI footswitch. From what I can tell it is the best way to get the feel of an amp footswitch (it is metal, it is foot operated, it looks more or less like a guitar amp footswitch and it is battery powered so no messy mains cable, which most MIDI foot switches have) and is one of very few options to get MIDI to the amp via the USB B socket (why there isn't a 5 PIN on the 60W is beyond me; if lack of space was considered an issue, Line 6 could have at least opted to a TRS MIDI input. But USB B is not at all user-friendly) 

The only thing is I haven't been able to verify that it will work for sure with the Cat USB; Airsonic think it will but don't have access to a Cat to try it, so looks like I'm the guinea pig. Ill let you know how I get on...

• 2 years later...
On 3/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, Dimaension_X said:

I'm wondering if there would be any interest in an HX-Stomp sized Catalyst Pedal? A very low cost option for home recording artists to have just the six amps and the effect in the Catalyst amp, but in a pedal like the HX Stomp? A real basic thing to compete with something like the Strymon Iridium, but with the Catalyst amp models & FX (which from the demos I've heard sound great).

Just wondering if anyone else was thinking about this?

Okay, I posted this back in 2022, and now Line 6 just debuted the POD Express for guitar and bass.  Hmmmm ... did I do that? And yes, I just ordered the POD Express for Guitar.

• Like 2