Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Single Button Footswitch with LED for HX Effects control of a Single Parameter (EXP2 jack)

z3albw1rr

Hello,

I'm looking for a single button footswitch with an LED that I can plug into the Expression Pedal jack of a Line 6 Helix Effects to control a single parameter.

I don't want MIDI - I'm already using MIDI for something else.

An Expression Pedal will work, and I have some Line 6 branded EXPs and they work fine.

Pro - you can easily see whether an EXP is Toe Down, or Heel Down, to see the state of the parameter in question.

Con - the footprint is a little big. The width is OK (I have about the pedal's width and-a-half to work with - but the depth is a little too much.

I have an old Morley ABY switch that actually works, and has LEDs (though I'm not sure if they work only when something is plugged in and actually don't even have a 9v to test right now and my VL PP2 is at a rehearsal space).

The width and depth on that is perfect:

Shaped like so:

Pros - fits, LED may work OK once power is supplied. But has LED so I can see the state of the parameter!

Cons - LED may not work without something plugged in. Don't need the extra footswitch and one is too close, the other too far.

I have enough space for any kind of standard guitar pedal - they're not too deep (but wider rather than deeper is better, or a square instead of your standard "deeper than wide" guitar pedal rectangle)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most (all) amp channel switches with an LED are going to get their power from the amp to light the LED, not from an external power source (and want to avoid batteries). Correct? I've never seen one with a DC port anyway.

This?:

www.sweetwater.com

Electro-Harmonix Cntl Knob Static Expression Pedal

Static Expression Pedal for Guitar, Bass, and Keyboard with 2 Switchable Expression Settings
www.sweetwater.com www.sweetwater.com

Price is not bad, could save a few bucks though as I don't need the min/max knobs on the device itself.

Crap - I just looked closer and realized it's TRS - the Line 6 ports on most of their devices are just TS.

Maybe would rather have something bigger than a mini - they tend to wobble on dual lock - though this will be a rarely-used switch and for "one off" kinds of parameter changes in presets.

But I'd be fine with a $35 Mooer or Donner or other off brand I can use until it needs replacing.

Thanks.