Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Routing options for two instruments

garrybanjo

Hi there, apologies if this has been asked/answered before - I have searched and found a couple of related answers but none exactly match my situation. I would like to use two instruments through my HX Stomp on stage but only play one at a time. There would be completely separate patches fpr each instrument. I guess I could use an A/B switch at the input but I believe there must be a way of using the two Stomp inputs. If there was a way of selecting the input in each patch this would be ideal but I don't see it anywhere. Using the Split A/B send the input down separate paths - not what I want as the two instruments will never be played at the same time. I feel the solution should be obvious, what am I missing? N.b. one of the instruments has no volume control so the input will always be hot from that instrument - I need to be able to isolate inputs by patch.

If you want to change presets while keeping both instruments plugged in, you can move all blocks to path B, then use the Y Split at the beginning to assign the respective channel to it.

The other channel goes to the blank path A which you then mute in the Mixer block at the end.