Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issue Saving Presets Using MIDI

My DL4 MKII is in a loop in my Gigrig G2. The G2 is a little odd, since it automatically sends PC commands every time you step on a footswitch. Footswitch 1 sends PC 1. Footswitch 2 sends PC 2--and so on. There is a "hidden preset" that sends PC 0.

Everything works fine when I save my presets and call them up with MIDI, as long as I am saving to DL4's bank 1 (presets 1, 2, and 3, Bank 1's A, B, and C buttons). However, when I try to save to preset slots 4, 5, and 6, I have problems.

I know the DL4 is receiving MIDI from my G2 because (for example), when I press footswitch 5 on my G2, it calls up preset 6 in the DL4. But, if I try to modify and then save that preset to slot 6, I have problems. The DL4 is saving my preset, but it's saving it to preset slot 3 ("C" in bank 1) and not slot 6 ("C" in bank 2). Any ideas how to fix this? Is this a bug?

And, to make things even weirder, if I try to save a preset via MIDI that is beyond the first two banks of presets in the DL4 (in other words, preset 7 or above), it works. There is just something odd about trying to save a preset in slots 4, 5, and 6 via MIDI. Those presets will save in slots 1, 2, and 3 instead--in other words, to bank 1, not bank 2.

Update: I decided to repurpose my tap tempo button to access presets D, E, and F. It's not working either. My tap tempo button changed to yellow, but toggling it does not change the color from dim to bright yellow, and it's not calling up the other bank of presets. I was going to try to save my presets to the D, E, and F locations first, and then see if calling them up by MIDI after switching my tap tempo back to the default tap setting worked. Has anyone else had issues making the tap tempo button toggle between presets A, B, C and D, E, and F?

Edited by jcshirke

• 6 months later...

Seems like you need a midi controller that you got to programm for every individual parameter? That's how it sounds in the manual. That would be a hell lot of work apart from the fact I just use a midicontroller that sends out 128 programm change orders. What is the deal in pressing the button longer to save the programm on the choosen preset? But that doesnt work.

• 2 weeks later...