Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ghost piezo retrofit into Variax 700 Acoustic?

I have repaired a Variax 700 Acoustic for use by a friend of mine, who is currently using a regular acoustic in a duo. He's new to the world of Variaxes. Although hands sweating isn't a big deal for him, I'm considering putting in Ghosts so the setup is more bulletproof. How does one obtain the piezo elements for this? My weak understanding is the core units are from LR Baggs, but Graph Tech mods them for the useful string saver coating in the 89F. 

Per a post from Psarkissian, raiding these out of 89F saddles is not a good idea. Plus there are the differences per string pairs - I'm not clear on just what is different.

D'oh! I just had to RTFM again on the Ghost-loaded saddles:

Ghost loaded Floyd Rose original style saddles.  Saddles are three different heights and come with everything you need to install. 

I'm not seeing any Graph Tech raw piezo offerings. Seems like the add-a-ground-wire mod to the existing piezos is the only option.