Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects, FX Loop & MIDI Control for External Drive Pedal

FerrisA

Hello,

So my new pedalboard is nearly complete (picture attached) it will consist of:

HX Effects, Chase Bliss Preamp MKII & the Victory Sheriff V4 Amplifier.

I want to send the HX effects to the FX Loop of the Sheriff & the Chase Bliss to the front end of the Victory. 

I'm new to the whole FX loop thing & i have 2 questions if someone can answer them for me.

1. How do I split the signal on HX Edit to send the delay/reverb etc to the FX loop & the Chase Bliss to the front end of the Victory. 

2. How do I get the HX & the Chase Bliss to talk to eachother so I can use the HX to change the preset on the Chase Bliss.

Many thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 20.16.47.png

That's an amazing rig you have. Serious stuff. Good for you. You have a good plan. Let's start easy...

You want the CB simply going into the V4 Input. So Guitar --> CB --> V4 Input. You will them connect the HX FX MIDI Out to the CB MIDI Input. This will allow you to use the HX FX to send commends to the CB pedal. That will be amazing. Study up on sending commands to other devises. If you need help with that create a separate thread. For now just get it working....

Now, let's complicate things. What you seem to be after is something called the 4CM or Four Cable Method. I suggest you read up on that with a Google search your have days of reading...basically this will allow you to route certain effects such as compressors and overdrives to the FRONT your Sheriff while at the same time direct effects to the Sheriff's effects loop, mostly all your time based effects like delays and reverbs. Your modulations can generally go either in front or after the "amp". That's more of a matter of preference.

Anyway, you don't care about that now, you just want to know how to cable it up! Here is a thread that should help. At a minimum you need to connect the Sheriff with the HX FX using the red and green cables. The blue lines in the image are for a separate "effects loop" You may of may not want this. So if you don't, just ignore it. You will also notice this is showing a Stomp not an HX FX, but the concept is the same. In your case the extra effects loop is made even easier.

Good luck!

EDIT: when you look at the diagram, replace the Stomp with your XH FX and replace the combo amp with your Sheriff.