Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Iv 15 Cd/mp3 Input Loose, Any Suggestions About Fixing It? Or Should I Have It Repaired? Would Really Appreciate Any Help. Thanks

harleyguy9

If you bought it new & it's still in the warranty window I'd ask the sales team you bought it from how to go about getting it repaired.  If you bought it second hand or if you're beyond the warranty period you have to consider your mechanical abilities & aptitude.  I would have no problem opening this thing up and finding the point where the CD/mp3 input jack is and fixing it.  If you are up to the challenge I say go for it.

I've taken apart all my amps to repair one thing or another over the years and they're not that hard.  You'll most likely find that the front panel is a single unit and contains all the knobs & switchs on the front.  Because it's at an angle this makes access clumsy so you may have to disassemble more than you'd like.  You may also run into sealed assemblies.  I don't expect the front panel to be sealed but you won't know until you open it up.  If it's sealed you may not be able to tighten up the jack.  You'll have to purchase an entire front panel.  Bummer.

Another thought is to add an extension cable to the CD/mp3 jack.  Leave the input loose and use the other end of the extension cable to plug/unplug.  This will prevent further deterioration of the jack.

Good Luck