Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Backup dialog failed to load - HX Edit, MacOS Mohave 10.14.6

dennyhardwick

While trying to update my HELIX LT from version 3.11.0 to 3.5, I keep getting a "Backup dialog failed to load" error message." Note this error occurs when trying to backup from both the HX Edit user interface, as well as during "STEP 1: Create Backup" of the update process. 

As the only options are "Back to HX Edit" and "OK" it is not possible to update the firmware on the HELIX LT to version 3.5.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with MacOS Mohave 10.14.6. In addition, I tried HX Edit version 3.11 and when that didn't work updated HX Edit to 3.5 and it still doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Denny

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 5.40.07 PM.png

I'm on Mojave myself as well and I can backup my HX Stomp just fine - did you check different cables and USB ports (and make sure you're not using a hub)?

Can you export your presets and favourites? Because if you could, you could do just that and restore the global settings manually after the update.

You could then perform the update itself as described here: