Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd 500 output mode studio carckling sound

Vyserys

Hello, im new to forum. All this time im a silent reader. But this problem come and i need to spesk up:(

I updated my hd 500 to the newest firmware, everything is fine until the update done.

When i turn on my pod, it generate a random noise ( sound on video, sorry for bad video quality) .

And then i notice that the noise is come if i choose output mode studio, when i switch to another output mode the noise completly disapear, also i found other fact. When im on output mode studio/direct, as long as i dont use any cabinet the noise is not come out. 

Any idea whats going on, and what should i do?

Here is the video

Pls n sorry turn up the volume to hear the noise:(

Try reinstalling the previous version of the firmware (which you say was fine). You can download it from the DOWNLOAD section of this site and install it in OFFLINE mode using the MONKEY app.

If doing so solves the noise problem but you need instead the latest firmware, eg to install model packs, open a support ticket to speak directly with the Line6 guys to find a solution together.

If even with the old firmware the noise remains, I would say that there are two possible explanations:

1) something is broken internally and the POD needs to be repaired..

2) perhaps lately you have connected the POD in a different point and way than in the past and in this last case a GROUND LOOP NOISE problem is occurring, and the annoying noise is heard more in STUDIO/DIRECT output mode because unlike the other output modes it has no additional filters (controls) on the output frequencies and therefore a range of frequencies including noise are not attenuated

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips