Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitch 10 sticking...

abeckitt

Hi guys and gals,

I have a Helix floor and I have been experimenting with using it as a controller and audio interface for my iPad with an app called Quantiloop. When setting all the footswitches as controllers I noticed that footswitch 10 acted differently to the others. About 4 out of 5 times it acts like I've held the footswitch down even though I have only tapped it. This leads to unwanted side effects with this app unfortunately! I changed the CC number for that footswitch in command centre to test whether it was the footswitch or a setting in the app, but that footswitch exhibited the same behaviour no matter which channel on the app I was controlling. It feels like the controller is sticking slightly when pressing...

Is there any way to for me to easily fix this or will it require a service tech? Is there a way that I could possible clean the footswitch to restore proper functionality?

Thanks team!!

-A

Most likely the cheap midro-switch has gone bad.  It tends to be the one you most frequently use... like the tap button, or where your "lead" snapshot sound is. 

If the issue is a mechanical one, then you can clean the micro-switch.  Watch a few videos online that document the process.  It's a simple procedure if you're not scared to open up your helix/void the warranty.  Otherwise, find a good shop that can do it for you.  I had the misfortune of dealing with 2 horrible shops....