Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pedalboard Amp

w4lls

Hi chaps,

Recently transitioned from Helix floor to Stomp XL.

Have HS7's for home and a Headrush 112 which I leave at the bass players for rehearsals etc.

For gigs I'm liking the idea of a minimal setup, so was wondering if anyone could recommend a stereo pedal board amp that I could stick on a board with the Stomp, and a 2x12 stereo cab to go with it.

Cheers!

On 5/16/2023 at 12:55 PM, w4lls said:

Hi chaps,

Recently transitioned from Helix floor to Stomp XL.

Have HS7's for home and a Headrush 112 which I leave at the bass players for rehearsals etc.

For gigs I'm liking the idea of a minimal setup, so was wondering if anyone could recommend a stereo pedal board amp that I could stick on a board with the Stomp, and a 2x12 stereo cab to go with it.

Cheers!

Seymour Duncan PowerStage™ 700 Pedal Amps | Seymour Duncan

As for cabs, any 2x12 cab can be converted to stereo. Pick one with speakers that reflect your predominant tone - Hi-Gain = V30; Marshall (mid-gain) = GB25; Vox = Alnico Blue/Silver - you get the idea.

I use a Powercab212+. It's kind of "abandonware" at this point, but the L6 warranty is always good and you can probably get a good used price on one from somebody who never took the time to learn how to properly use it. VERY common.

• Like 1

Thanks rd2rk,

I'll go have a search & read about the Seymour 700 now thank you.

Oh, I've had both the 112 and 212 powercabs - never got away with them, probably for the reasons you mentioned!

Did hear a band live a few weeks ago, using an Orange power amp and an old 1x12 cab, sounded awesome to my ears - had that extra touch over FRFR for me. I realise there are many factors at play here mind subjectivity etc..

Never knew pedalboard amps were even a thing until recently; the convenience over my Mesa 5:50 using 4CM is too appealing.

Like the idea of a small cab, could even be a 1x12 really and I get 2..

Cheers.

On 5/16/2023 at 1:43 PM, w4lls said:

Thanks rd2rk,

I'll go have a search & read about the Seymour 700 now thank you.

Oh, I've had both the 112 and 212 powercabs - never got away with them, probably for the reasons you mentioned!

Did hear a band live a few weeks ago, using an Orange power amp and an old 1x12 cab, sounded awesome to my ears - had that extra touch over FRFR for me. I realise there are many factors at play here mind subjectivity etc..

Never knew pedalboard amps were even a thing until recently; the convenience over my Mesa 5:50 using 4CM is too appealing.

Like the idea of a small cab, could even be a 1x12 really.

Cheers.

Stereo from a regular guitar cab is not all that impressive, and while the PC212+ stereo field sounds great in a small space like a rehearsal studio, on larger gigs, not so much.