Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Noise in 1/4 outputs on pod hd500

JesusD00

Hello, I am a new user of the hd500 pod, yes I bought it a little late, what happens to me that when I connect the hd500 pod to the 1/4 output either on the right or on the left it starts a dip similar to that of a radio when he loses station, this without having connected the guitar. I tried lowering the master, maybe it was the effect, but with the master at 0 it continues with exactly the same noise. When I change the switch from amp to line it makes the same noise but at a higher volume, when I change it to amp the noise continues but lower. I say again, it's not the guitar or anything like that because it happens before connecting it. The output line is not either, because I already tested it with other equipment and it does not cause any noise.

Ground loop noise..

POD is probably connected to an amp or monitor, and at the same time to the computer, which in turn is connected to power as the amp/monitor.

One way to break the loop between the things listed above is to unplug the computer from power (if it can run on battery).
Or you can use headphones instead of the amp/monitor (which in this case should be turned off or disconnected from POD).

Another solution is to connect a ground lift plug to the plug of the amp or computer.

There are also ground loop breakers/killers/isolators on the market.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips