Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I setup HX Effects for guitar and bass

ctremblay494

Hi - I am brand new to using HX Effects, or any multi-effects units, so please bear with me.  Here is the situation:

My gear

1) guitar and Catalyst 60 amp

2) bass and Orange Crush 50 amp

3) HX Effects

My question:

I know it’s possible to connect both amps to the HXE, however, I need help with setting up the HXE for how I intend to use the dual-amp setup.  Quite simply: I’d like to have both amps connected but I will only be using one at a time.  For instance, when I play guitar I’ll turn on HXE and Catalyst and rock on.  Then when I switch to bass, I’ll turn off the Catalyst, turn on the Orange, and rock on.  In both cases it would be a mono feed to the single amp being used (at least that’s what I think it should be).

I suppose I could just swap out Guitar-in and FX Send & Return cables when I wanted to switch amps but wanted to see if I could have the HXE do the work for me.

Thanks - Chris

• ctremblay494 changed the title to How do I setup HX Effects for guitar and bass