Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Troubleshooting HX Stomp computer connection.

ovidionasone

Hi, I have an HX Stomp connected to a Mac using HX Edit and the sound output is through an analog mixer so that I can balance my guitar sound and jam tracks. Occasionally and without any obvious reason, the guitar sound breaks up, or lose it all together, as if the connection is not good. Usually I turn off and on the unit, or unplug and re-plug Stomp back in to correct it, however it's an ongoing issue. If you dealt with the same issue I would appreciate suggestions, thanks

The Stomp can be very picky about USB cables. From the dozens of cables that I have accumulated over the past 20+ years, only about two or three are reliably stable and long enough to be useful with the Stomp on the floor. This is not necessarily surprising though, as there are lots of poor quality USB cables on the market which would still work just OK with "lightweight" gear like scanners or printers.

Recently I bought a couple of USB-C to USB-B cables, 4 m (!) long, which work fine. See here for more details: