Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot control the Variax with Helix/HX Edit as I can directly with the guitar

jon_bondy

I am using a 12-string sound on a Variax, where some strings are doubled up 12 half tones.

When using the Variax guitar, I can select a 12-string acoustic guitar model using the model selector knob, and then use the tuning selector knob to alter the pitch (perhaps to bump everything up by 2 half tones, to simulate use of a capo).  At that point, the doubled tones are essentially 14 half tones above where the base tones started.

When using the Helix with HX Edit, it seems that I can only specify a tone for the base and a tone for the 12-string, and the latter is limited to 12 half tones above the base.  Thus, I cannot simulate both a 12-string guitar and a capo pitch shift of 2 half tones.  I cannot find a way to select a position on the tuning knob, even though I can select a position on the model knob.  For "Tuning (Preset)" I cannot select a tuning as defined by the tuning knob on the Variax.

What am I missing?  Is it true that HX Edit cannot control the Variax with the same flexibility as I can when using the Variax manually?

Thanks.

Jon