Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M20 Setting Saving The Day.

Did an outdoor gig with a soundman in a city park.  Big setup, big rock band using all inputs and right on the edge of maxing out the speakers.  Nice gig.  At the end of it I save the soundmans' setting, having never heard them out front.  SD card formatting failed so we got no recording of what we sounded like out front.  Big field, like a ball diamond with a stage at home plate kinda.  2xLM's and 2xL3s were just big enough to play it.

Next weekend gigging at a bar and because of a closed circuit MMA fight they won't give us a chance to sound check and want us to start as soon as the MMA fight ends.

I pull up the same settings we had from the end of our outdoor gig, get a very minimal levels check, and we're off to the races for the next four hours with no soundman, hoping that it sounds as good out front as it sounds on stage.  We had an amazing response from the crowd, best gig we'd had in at least a year.

When I got home and checked the SD card it had recorded just fine and captured 90% of the gig.  I replayed the gig through the PA just to get a glimpse of the sound.

By god it sounded fantastic.  Really impressed considering no soundman. Once our soundman got our levels right from the previous gig and we saved it, it was enough for us to jump right back into a different venue with no soundman, get some minor tweaks and rock it out for 4 hours.  No way we could have done this before.

Really amazing and flexible equipment.  Rarely have I been so excited about a product after I've owned it a couple months.  It's really great kit.

• Upvote 1

I have not altered much more than the main volume for the last several gigs. I too am truly happy with this system many months after buying it. Constantly being complimented on our sound.

This system really does what it was built to do. And easily. I am impressed every time we set up.