Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagescape Connection Info

Hi.... I am looking at the line 6 stageScape M20d, and had read the manual. When it comes to Electric guitar, it says that i should use guitarcombo. My question is how do I connect Electric Guitar to Stagescape?? How should it be connected to the guitarcombo??

My setup is planned to be:

Bass direct

Acoustic guitar

Electric Guitar 1

Electric Guitar 2

Digital drums

Vocal 1

Vocal 2

Vocal 3

And 2 L2M speakers

Is it possible?? Can I get a reasonable sound??

Thank you in advance

Arthur

Hi.... I am looking at the line 6 stageScape M20d, and had read the manual. When it comes to Electric guitar, it says that i should use guitarcombo. My question is how do I connect Electric Guitar to Stagescape?? 1 - How should it be connected to the guitarcombo??

My setup is planned to be:

Bass direct

Acoustic guitar

Electric Guitar 1

Electric Guitar 2

Digital drums

Vocal 1

Vocal 2

Vocal 3

And 2 L2M speakers

Is it possible?? 2 - Can I get a reasonable sound??

Thank you in advance

Arthur

1 - You mic the guitar amp, plug the mic to the M20d and select the guitar combo preset

2 - It really depends on the size of the room and how loud your back line is...  

For our band we mic our guitar amps in and plug them into one of the mic channels. 

I haven't yet tried any of the amp channel presets in the m20d..

If you have some good tube modelling gear you could possibly skip the mic and go direct from the gear output..

Hi,

personally I think you don´t have to do exactly what is described in the manual.It doesn´t matter if you go guitar => effect board => M20d or guitar => DI or even Combo => Mic => M20d. The M20d has so much possibilities and presets you can play with, no matter how you connect your guitars to it. Though, haven´t tried it myself, but I think you can even go guitar => M20d and have a quite reasonable sound for gigs. The whole system is really versatile. Most important is that you (and your audience) are satisfied with the sound :)