Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tube PreAmp with l2m/l2t

Has anyone used a stagesource with a tube preamp pedal (ie http://www.jedistar.com/Preamp_pedals.htm) as part of an electric guitar pedalboard? I'm interested in using a stagesource both for acoustic and electric settings.

So the main question is if I can get a great tube-ish sound with the L2 in order to keep setup simple for both acoustic and electric gigs.

The L2T has multiple audio-input jacks at various levels (line or instrument/mic). The output of that tube pedal is probably at instrument level so that it can drive a conventional guitar amplifier.

Audio is audio. Just plug it in and go.

As for whether you'd have a "great tube-ish sound," that's purely subjective. Your impressions and mine may differ. You have to listen to decide if you like it. (If this were not the case, there wouldn't be 500 different distortion pedals on the market!)