These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

How do you calibrate the expression pedal on an HD500?
by jmlad001 on 2011-01-31 16:38:08

Hi all,

Sorry if the answers to these two questions are obvious but they weren't to me so please bear with me.

1. How do you calibrate the expression pedal on an HD 500?

2.  I just upgraded FW and I seem to have lost volume on presets 16A,B,C and D on the FX Heavy setlist.  These are the ones labelled Vocal Harmony, Come2Daddy Vocal, Witness Vocal and Droid Vocal.  Master Volume is set where it should be and other presets work, only these four can't have their volume adjusted and can't be heard.  Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong or what I'm missing?  Please let me know and I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

JM

Re: How do you calibrate the expression pedal on an HD500?
by Bluestone on 2011-01-31 17:03:45

With the POD powered off.....Hold down the Nav button...to the right...power on while holding the nav button right...

The test screen will come up......

Use the nav button ..up and down...to select Pedal Cal.....

Press View.....

Set the pedal to minimum heel position...then press the A footswitch...it should  be 100

Set the pedal to Max....toe position...then press the B footswitch...you shoiuld see 100

Press the C footswitch....you should see the values go from 0 to 250....

Press the D footswitch to save the settings...  That should do it!

I'm thinking you'll need to go into each preset...and adjust the volumes there..and be sure to save them...hit the save button when you are happy with it...

OM

by jmlad001 on 2011-02-01 06:15:09

Thanks  Bluestone!   Performed the pedal calibration without problems.  I didn't see how to get access to the test screen in the manual.   Was it documented somewhere else?  Just curious.

Regarding the lack of sound on the presets...turns out the inputs for those patches were set to "mic".  When I changed them to guitar, the sound came back.

Thanks again for your help!

JM

by JerryWawak on 2011-02-01 06:59:17

Excuse me, but I noticed those are vocal patches.  How are the inputs set up on those patches?  Are they XLR input only?  I remember finding some "non-working" patches on mine and later discovered the inputs were not set to 1/4".

by jmlad001 on 2011-02-01 07:54:02

Hi Jerry,

I changed them in the "Setup:Utilties" screen, on page 3, the "Inputs" section.  See page 2-4 of the advanced manual:

POD%20HD500%20Advanced%20Guide%20(Rev%20D)%20-%20English.bmp

Not sure if they are XLR.  They were set to "mic"; I changed them to guitar.  Hope that helps.

JM

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.