Jump to content

lobsterbob

Members
  • Content Count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About lobsterbob

  • Rank
    Just Startin'

Profile Information

  • Registered Products
    2
  1. Hi thanks for the reply, at this point I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with regards to potential repair due to cost implications, can you confirm if the Variax is still safe to use with this component blown when using the xpsAB power supply. As it only appears to have blown the battery circuit
  2. Dont know if this is the right to place to post or not but was looking for some advice. I purchased a Variax 700 on ebay a week ago and it was running off batteries just fine. I then purchased a used Variax powered footswitch to run it without the need for the batteries. I promptly disconnected the battery pack and plugged into the footswitch and into my audio interface with no problems ( everything working great). After about an hour or so there was a burning smell coming from the variax. So i quickly disconnected everything and cracked open the back. Lo and behold a component had popped see the attached pic. so I instinctively put the battery pack back in to see if the pack was still working, and it does not, But it will still run off the powered footswitch. My question is can any one tell me if the Variax is still safe to use with that component burnt out or is is using the external power going to cause added damage, from my quick look the component looks like it was part of the battery connector. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...