Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'circuit'.
Found 3 results
Hi! So as the title says, my POD HD 500 can't boot up. When i start it up, the only thing i see is the Line 6 logo appearing in a loop, and wouldn't load the effects chains. This is kind a complicated situation.. So i've bought this unit (used) like a year ago, and couldn't use it once. The guy whom i bought it from didn't had a power supply to it. It took me like 2 months to get one from Ebay (UK) which had the UK power plug head (so i needed a converter). I'm from Central Europe (Hungary). It was strange because once i was able to boot it up to see the menu and such, but after days past and tried it to set it up with my friend it just gave up eventually. We weren't able to boot it up, we also tried to update it with the Line 6 Monkey, but the pc just couldn't see the unit via USB. After we tried to install the drivers it gave an error. I took it to a local guitar shop, where they replace the USB port since it was broken, but they also said that the circuit board was "short circuited" , and would need to be replaced. Which would cost me around 300 Euros, that's just Ludacris! (i don't really believe them, for my own reasons, but that's not the point right now). I can get it to "Update Flash Mode" while holding the "down" button on starting up but my pc can't detect the POD HD 500. As you can see in the screenshots i can't update the Firmware memory and neither the Flash memory. Also when i try to update the driver it gives an error message ("Failed to launch installer"). After that it takes me to the Line 6 downloads site to download it, which is fine, but after i install it manually it still says that there is no driver installed. What can i do to fix this? Do you think it's a power supply or a circuit board issue? I also tried it with multiple USB cables..
Dont know if this is the right to place to post or not but was looking for some advice. I purchased a Variax 700 on ebay a week ago and it was running off batteries just fine. I then purchased a used Variax powered footswitch to run it without the need for the batteries. I promptly disconnected the battery pack and plugged into the footswitch and into my audio interface with no problems ( everything working great). After about an hour or so there was a burning smell coming from the variax. So i quickly disconnected everything and cracked open the back. Lo and behold a component had popped see the attached pic. so I instinctively put the battery pack back in to see if the pack was still working, and it does not, But it will still run off the powered footswitch. My question is can any one tell me if the Variax is still safe to use with that component burnt out or is is using the external power going to cause added damage, from my quick look the component looks like it was part of the battery connector. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.