Cubase Elements and Helix Native: how to download and install
I open this post by stating that I am new to Helix, Helix Native, and Cubase
I bought Helix Rack & Control and when registering the products on the Line6
website, I read about the Cubase Elements + Helix Native bundle offer.
Having always been intrigued by the world of home recording, but never having
approached it, I took advantage of this offer and made a request.
I received my Cubase Elements access code and confirmation that "you now have the
Helix Native license in your Line 6 account."
I read the info at the suggested link on how to get started with Cubase Elements:
but, at the moment, the only thing I have been able to do is download the latest
version of Helix Native on line 6 site.
I've read all the suggested guides & FAQs but have only gotten headaches and a lot
of confusion about what and how to do.
Please can you guide me with dummy style directions?
- Where to download Cubase Elements? On the Line 6 site or on the Steinberg site?
- If, as I imagine I will need to use the Steinberg site, do I need to activate an
account there as well?
I took a look at the Steinberg site and more confusion was added.
- Is the code I received a Steinberg Licensing code and therefore I have to use
Steinberg Activation Manager (SAM) or an eLicenser-Based code so I need to use
eLicenser Control Center?
- Should I use the access code to download the package or to activate the program on
- Once I have downloaded Cubase Elements and installed Helix Native, how do I
associate it with the license I have on my account?
I apologize, I feel like a fool, but it's honestly not clear to a layman like me
what to do and I'd like to avoid trial and error.
I thank in advance those who will have the patience and kindness to help me.