Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wireless transmitter to pole mounted powered speakers/receivers

i am looking for a solution using Line 6 products for the following:

I have a sound system rack with CD player, tuner , mixer located in a building.

I am planning on mounting powered loudspeakers and wireless receivers on light poles in the parking lot.

I have to broadcast audio, no conduits for speaker wire to the poles.

In prior installs I have used other manufacturer in-ear transmitters and receivers on poles and this has worked extremely well but I would 

like to have Line 6 as an option.

The distance is 50 feet from building to poles.

I know that Line 6 does not have an in ear package, however, I was wondering about the possibility of using one of the belt pack transmitters at the rack/transmit end.

The question I have, I don’t want it battery powered, it would need to run on AC, any ideas for an adapter?

I was looking at the Line 6 GR50 rx stomp to be mounted in a box on the pole with the powered loudspeaker for the receiver part. The GR50 is small, I can mount in box and remove/ extend and mount the antennas outside the box.
I see it uses an AC adapter.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

I could work great but you would have to make some modifications.

The transmitter would need a power supply.  I'm not aware of anything that could drop in directly.  My suggestion would be to find an external wall wart supply (such as the DC-1g) and hard wire it to the battery terminals.  The maximum input to the belt pack is +8dBu so you would have to make certain you don't send a signal stronger than that.  So that basically means if you feed the transmitter from an RCA output you should be fine.  But if you feed it from an XLR (or TRS) output you should put a 15 or 20 dB pad in the line (Hosa ATT-448).

The antennas supplied with a G50 are 1/4 wave and cannot be used remotely from the receiver.  But you can use the antennas that come with the G-90/V75 in their place.  Or you could just use G35 receivers and play them on top of the speakers so that they are in line-of-sight.

Thank you for the suggestions,

So if I am understanding correctly:

-use wall wart PSU for transmitter

- use the G55 half rack receiver unit, mount it in weatherproof box and extend the antennas out to the exterior of box.

The only other concern I would have is that the belt pack (not having the option for external antenna) wold be located near a window at the rack location, 50 feet away.

would not really be line of sight and need to transmit thru glass and outside to the pole mounted receivers.

Any concerns that you might have..

thank you again..