Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Crack/pop/zap noise every 3-4 seconds.

I was experiencing this issue with an old GX I had. About every 3-4 seconds I can hear a single crack/pop/zap (whatever you wanna call it) noise in the playback. It is very annoying and ruins any chance of making a decent recording.

So I went ahead and bought a UX1 from amazon, thinking that would solve the issue. It didn't. I still get the exact same single crack/pop noise every 3-4 seconds with the UX1 as well.

I am feeling like I wasted money on both of these devices now.

How do I fix this, if it is even possible? I've tried different USB ports, different headphones, no headphones, and everything I could think of. No matter what it just keeps happening.

You should look into adjusting the buffer in the "Line 6 Audio Midi Devices" settings. This helped me once with that problem.

You may also try uninstalling everything related to the software your using with "line 6 uninstaller", restart the computer and reinstall it all and restart the computer. Obviously, do not throw away your GX. The one I have from '08 is still going strong.

Since you mention 'playback', you must be reocrding the signal?  Check your buffer setting in your DAW.

True, good point. I use Ableton as a slave to RiffWorks. I first set the "Line 6 Audio" buffer setting to what I want and then I open RiffWorks, let that start and then open Ableton. What I see happening is Ableton follows suit so in effect I don't need to set the DAW. I suppose it depends on which DAW your using. It's possible you need to check both to be sure they're the same.