Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagesource speaker issues. Anyone else?

So I was an early adopter and bought my L3m and L3t within a few months of their releases in Canada. In the last 6 months I have had to send both of them to the manufacturer for repairs, (I believe a 3 year warranty?) Both for for failed main boards, the oldest speaker failed first and they covered that one. The second, which should still be under warranty came back with a 300$ repair bill. At the price of these speakers and the intention of them being a live music product I am concerned deeply about this.

I take very good care of my equipment and up until now have been very impressed with Line 6 (they sound incredible). I have now seen both of my speakers fail ( and 3 different rental sub's). I suppose my biggest concern is that I replaced a 9 year old 4000 watt PA system that was flawless and had never cost me a dime in repairs after many many shows.

Has anyone else had these experiences? I'm really concerned about failure rates as I am a busy musician and can't afford to be without my PA for weeks at a time, or having to play a couple free shows to pay for repairs.

Thanks in advance for any input.

• 1 month later...

I've had my system for just over a year (2xL3's, 2xL3S, 3xL3).  Probably done 35-40 gigs in that time.  No problems with them at all.

for the L3 mains, did you go with the L3m or L3t, or combination of both?

Considering a pair of L3 for my band. for our main speakers; wondering if people go with L3m, or stick with the L3t for the extra mixer options..

for the L3 mains, did you go with the L3m or L3t, or combination of both?

Considering a pair of L3 for my band. for our main speakers; wondering if people go with L3m, or stick with the L3t for the extra mixer options..

When I originally bought my rig (2x L3m, 2x L3s and 2x L2m) I decided to go with the m's because I couldn't at the time see the benefit and the extra £400 ust didn't make sense at the time. If I were buying now, I reckon I'd have bought the t's. BUT part of that is that the price difference between the m's and t's is now smaller than it was.

I've recently picked up a 3rd L2, this time an L3t and reckon the flexibility of being able to link a pair up and just run with them for small gigs would now be useful. Our band lineup has shrunk since I bought the full rig and I'm also hiring it out. Just reckon that, had I got them across the full rig, the t side panel mixers would make the rig more flexible for what I've evolved into doing.

I have an M20d so I the L3M's.  I figured for any gig that needed that much power I'd just be bringing the M20D anyway so why have the extra stuff.

I bought 2 L2T's that I've used 2-3 times for acoustic gigs where that's all I brought.  I don't normally do that kind of gig but they're great for that and plenty loud for a coffee shop or restaurant gig.