Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G30 Flashing Amber & Blue lights repeatedly

boydtee

Hello,

I purchased the G30 wireless set a few weeks ago new on Amazon. I've probably put close to 4 hours total play time with the device. Today something strange happened and the belt unit started blinking repeatedly both the Amber and Blue lights over and over again. After turning it on and off I can sometimes get it to restart normally with the blue light blinking twice but after a few min. it starts blinking both the Amber and Blue light again. I'm sure these lights are trying to tell me something but I can't find any documentation describing what they mean nor what to do.

Any info that can be shared will be great.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 6:30 PM, billinbrasil said:

Same problem.  Anyone have a fix??

Same problem fo a unit that I just bought three days ago. LIterally. I'm trying to see whether my cords are causing the error, but it would be nice if LIne 6 would address the issue since so many of us are posting about it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Swapped out for new without question by Professional Music Technology in Old Street, here in London.  Can’t fault the service from them or Line 6, thanks.  

Edit:  And if anyone's interested, the new one performed faultlessly at last night's gig.  So if anyone gets the same problem, my advice is don't mess about - take it straight back to your dealer.

Edited by littleeden
Updated with new info

• 1 year later...

From Line6:

Hi there, I'm sorry about the trouble with your Relay G30 unit. The purple light indicates "On channel change" and the amber/orange light on the Audio signal indicates "On power / channel change." It looks like it's stuck in the middle of a channel change. I suggest to try changing channels to see if it makes a difference, also try changing the batteries. If none of that works unfortunately we do not repair G30 systems. If they fail under warranty, they just get replaced. If you do buy a new transmitter it should work. The firmware update only allows it to be able to switch to RF2 mode, so if you get a new unit all you have to do is switch it to RF1 so it will work with your unit. Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks. Best regards, Jelena Line 6 Support