Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bands/Programs/Folders/channels?

Getting back into electric guitars after a 30 years break and trying to learn all the new stuff. :)

I have a Spider IV 150 and the FBV Express MK II.

Reading thru the documentation to understand the FBV and really confused.

Some places the documentation talkes about changing the bands, others talk about programs and channels and folders... AAAAAHHH

I need a translation...

It might help if you point to what you don't understand (i.e. tell us the document and page number etc.) and also what you want to achieve, as at the moment those terms are too wide-ranging to give you a specific answer.

Mostly you're just changing presets (sometimes called patches) on the Spider with the footswitches. For some reason I've never understood, Line 6 refer to these presets as Channels (I think they were thining of amp channels, but I never thought it made much sense).

• Upvote 1

There are song and artist/band preset patches that you can access through the 4-way switch and preset knob on the amp  (you can't access these via the FBV MKIV Express).

The Express allows you to select the 'channel' (A, B, C, D) of the particular user bank you have selected on the amp.

• Upvote 1

The Express allows you to select the 'channel' (A, B, C, D) of the particular user bank you have selected on the amp.

yea, I finally figured that out... the documentation is clear as mud...

Which midi command do I use to get to bank 16?

I have tried every combination that I can glean from the documentation and all I can get it to do is walk thru the ABCD of whatever bank comes up when the amp powers up....

I do appreciate the guidance....