Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 And Microphone

StephenSLR

Hi all,

I'm wondering what's the best way to use the HD500 for microphone.

We'll be recording on PC so what's the best input output settings?

We'd be recording guitar separate so 

Input 1: mic., input 2: Variax?

Output: Studio/direct.

I suspect HD500 is used more for FX than amps so what FX do you find to be best and in what order?

After doing a search for 'microphone' on Customtone, no patches come up.

Keen to see how others have set their patches for microphone.

s

I played a real acoustic guitar (beside the JTV-69). Therefor I used the mic input for a constant micing of the guitar, the aux input for the piezo which I use for solo volume (in case of feedback problems with the mic in higher volumes).

For the mic I used a vintage pre an eq and a little reverb. It is an easy think to dial in a mic and I don't understand the question.

The basic use of the hd is surely as a pedalboard for elektric guitar.

To use it as a pre amp for microphon recording sounds kind of abnormal. Therefor I would prefer a good mic, a tube pre amp and a good reverb unit.

But still the above mentioned setup worked for me. I used it with my acoustic guitar trio, where I used the JTV for some slide-work (great with the tuning without tuning the guitar B) ) I only stopped to play the setup, because we sit on stools and I use the left foot for controlling the volume by a volume pedal. Expression pedal of the hd500 is on the left side. The distance of mic stand (to put the hd500) in front of me was to far. So I stopped using the  hd500, but the sound and handling of the mic was a real good thing.

BTW I believe that the mic input is mostly for use with the talkbox fx ;)

The basic use of the hd is surely as a pedalboard for electric guitar.

Yes, I use it primarily for electric guitar and mainly for practice, rehearsals and playing on stage. We don't record that often.

We are doing some rough demo recordings for pre-production purposes to see how our songs can sound on CD and I'm thinking why not experiment to see if we can make them sound better.  I will also be using the recordings for home practice.

I would prefer a good mic, a tube pre amp and a good reverb unit.

You can say exactly the same for guitar.

I don't see why you should not experiment and plug in a vocal mic., electric violin, keyboard or any other instrument after all it does have a mic. input and 'there are no rules' when it comes to creating music - apart of course how you rig it up, you don't want to blow up your equipment.  :D

I know of violinists that have used it with good results and one violinist from another forum has emailed me his patches. I will try them when our violinist records her parts to see how they sound.

s