Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Jam Buzz Nothing plugged In

marcosis

• 4 weeks later...

My spider jam does the same thing. It's doing it right now. It's out of warranty. I tried to fix it myself .  I am guessing it is a loose ground or cracked PC board trace.  I took it apart a few years ago and applied some silicon rubber to several parts  to hold them in place.  This actually solved the problem for a few days but the problem came back.  I like the amp and will take it to a shop and have a tech deal with it now.  Frustrating.

• 1 year later...

A bit late in the day, March 2017, but....my recently bought Spider Jam off eBay had a really bad hum/buzz with nothing plugged in. Tried different wall power sockets etc and fiddled with the knobs - factory re-set etc etc. No joy.

So - took out the 4 screws on the top plus the 2 on each side so I could get into the innards - fiddled around with the cables - found a ribbon connector which could be unplugged so fiddled with that too. Powered it up again and it's as quiet as a mouse and has been for the last 20 minutes.

If you have a similar problem, don't despair, just do what I did and see what happens (remembering to make sure the power lead is *not* plugged in when fiddling inside!)

Rob

PS brilliant amp - really pleased with it.

• 2 years later...

Hiya fellow jelly-acrid lovers, looking through a 2 day slit opake pups eyelid, my vgc used Amp does the same,  hissing over the master volume,  i say master volume because with all the controls down and then turning up/on it makes no change in the hiss?     what i did notice that made a difference was pushing the kettle-lead in & out,  

The wise mechanical hound in me thinks it doesn`t  hit the grade,  so the kettle lead, connections area will be my starting point after i have got my head around my new-to-me Amp, that i have not used yet because i have been trying to find out what it does and how to do it,  after reading somethings on here it seems like they have never existed? like the Monkey system?       ad-ons?  uploading backing-tracks and changing the speeds?    2 days searching and  nothing,  i hope what i was hoping it does it does because i play Trumpet,  

just incase dire straights use this site,  Trumpet playing ban lost its swing..