Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Patch creation bug

aerosol_d7

Maybe this is already known or some posted, let me know

I'm creating a patch with pod edit, pod hd500 firmware 2.62, ab'ing two patches for comparison and sometimes the sound is too different when I go back and forth between them. And the patches are sent to pod. I noticed and I disconnect the USB and reboot pod and the original sound from the patch come back again, ie, some kinda bug. maybe we should tweak from the pod directly not with pod edit, because the patches I'm on are high gain and noticeable, otherwise I won't notice it.

I always use hd edit only for edition but it seems not reliable....any other user experiencing that?

• Upvote 1

Maybe this is already known or some posted, let me know

I'm creating a patch with pod edit, pod hd500 firmware 2.62, ab'ing two patches for comparison and sometimes the sound is too different when I go back and forth between them. And the patches are sent to pod. I noticed and I disconnect the USB and reboot pod and the original sound from the patch come back again, ie, some kinda bug. maybe we should tweak from the pod directly not with pod edit, because the patches I'm on are high gain and noticeable, otherwise I won't notice it.

I always use hd edit only for edition but it seems not reliable....any other user experiencing that?

Bug or not I tweak using the pod just about all the time. I've had this issue before too. Good observation.

New patch, you change it, send to pod and compare with other patches, come back to the changed one it loads the unchanged. It seems the second, thirdtime you send to pod does not take effect (kinda buffer) but if u reboot the unit it loads the saved one.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I've heard people mention that when they send the patch to the pod using hd edit, they also hit save on the pod immediately after. Don't know if this does anything or not, never had the problem you describe. Perhaps it clears the buffer you mentioned when you do this?

Hey buddy

I don't think it will change anything, but I will check it out for you. Because it is definitely saved.

I was trying to make a volume match between patches and bypass volume.

Comparing full amp with cab, full no cab, pre w cab, pre nocab.....for the same amp

When you do this, you will face the problem.

Maybe bypass is influencing? Bypass volume ( the one you press tuner, no mute)

I'll report back soon, maybe you are right....but it is still a bug :(

Thanks for your help